Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Perfect Saturday

Yesterday was one of those Perfect Saturdays.

I slept in a bit and then headed to get and 1 1/2 hour massage. I thought I had been handling all the recent drama pretty well, but my body is starting to tell me otherwise, so I decided to pamper myself a little bit. After my massage I went and had my favorite salad for lunch and then did a little shopping. When I got home I had two packages. One was a copy of the book "A Patriots History of the United States" and the other was a box from my friend Kandy. Inside the box from Kandy was this:


Two GORGEOUS skeins for Wollmeise!! It totally made my day!



I then fixed myself a pizza and watched a movie. HBO was showing "What happens in Vegas". It was a very cute movie.

While watching the movie I did a little knitting. This was the project of the evening:


The project above is Pluie which is a new free project from Berroco. The owner of the LYS that I occasionally teach at, In The Making, forwarded me the link about this pattern a couple of weeks ago to check out. It was just released last week in this week's Knit Bit. I teach the Beginning Lace class and we have been using the Bathing Beauties pattern by Fibertrends, but was hoping to possibly find a free pattern to use. While this is a quick knit, I don't like it for the class because:

1. It doesn't have a provisional cast on
2. It doesn't have a chart.

The pattern we have been using was perfect because it uses a provisional cast on that is then used to knit the border on the cast on edge and it has a chart and written instructions. So by the end of the class, the students knew how to do a provisional cast on, how to read a chart (for the occasional pattern that doesn't have written instructions) and knows how to knit lace, all while knitting a pretty washcloth. It would be nice if I could find another project that was a free pattern, but haven't found one yet. I guess I will have to come up with one of my own (though borders are hard to find) or just continue to use the one we have been using.

Today, I have just been doing a little laundry. It seems I have a little help with the folding.



5 comments:

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

Love the new blog look!!

But WAIT.....two skeins of Wollmeise???? AND a massage????

Sounds like good Karma has moved in to your house!!

Chrisknits said...

I have help like that too! Only he rolls on the clothes!

elizabeth said...

Man! That IS the perfect day! I'm curious - what's your favorite salad?

Bubblesknits said...

Wow! I agree with Darlene!

Yeah, knowing how to read a chart is essential. And so easy to get wrong if you've never done it before.

Emily said...

*sigh* Beautiful day!

There was a load of clean towels on the couch for two days because of a similar situation.