Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ok, I said I would be back....

.....But apparently I was deluded. I haven't had the time to connect the laptop to the old computer and transfer the programs, so I still can't upload pictures to the laptop. I'm sure there is some fancy way to do it since the laptop has a card reader, but just haven't had the inclination to sit down and figure it out. Not to mention that would mean having to charge the batteries in the camera to take pictures. Not that there has been a huge amount of knitting going on here.

I did finish Juliet II, but it appears that Juliet and I are not to have a good relationship. This was was too big too. The top section is fine, but the lace section looks like I'm wearing a bell. I have wet her and thrown her in the dryer and lightly felted her. The felting helped, but it still isn't the most flattering thing I've ever knit. I'm now working on the February Lady Sweater. Let's keep our fingers crossed that she and I are a better match. I also have a couple of pairs of socks going - lace and plain vanilla.

I would like to say this has been a good week, but sadly that just isn't so. I've been having to deal with the usual family drama involving toxic boy, and have also witnessed censorship (again) first hand in the last week. I've seen people I've come to call my friends have their names dragged through the mud this week. It hasn't been pretty and all done without any warning. I try not to get political here since this is a knitting blog after all, but I'm tired of it being acceptable to discriminate against Christians and Conservatives. I'm both and if you don't like it, well Sorry. I don't apologize for my views and my beliefs and I don't need to be educated on how the other side thinks. There used to be a day when you could debate the issues with someone and agree to disagree, but that doesn't seem to be the case in a lot of circles these days. If you don't fall into the party line of thinking well, then you are treated like you are stupid. I'm just sick of it!

Ok, sorry for the rant, now back to the knitting.

Oh and Happy St. Patricks Day!!

4 comments:

Chrisknits said...

Sorry you are having such a week. It will get better. Hang in there.

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I'm sorry about you and Juliet breaking up....I feel your pain!!

Sorry it has been a bad week.... hugs!!!

Bubblesknits said...

I gives you hugs now?

elizabeth said...

Oh man, that sucks! I'm pretty liberal, but I honestly think that Americans of all beliefs (political and otherwise) have more in common than we have differences and certainly - we can agree to disagree! Isn't that what makes this country great - freedom to hold one's own beliefs?

I am glad that you're back, even if it's without pictures of knitting! :o)