Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend Recap


Friday night I went to go see “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2” with one of my girlfriends.  It was a cute movie and definitely what I needed after a long week.

Saturday, I went on a quick little yarn expedition to Serendipity Yarns in Tuscaloosa with Darlene & Jessi.  We had such a good time!  Fortunately for our checkbooks, by the time we got there, Ellen and her little helpers had already moved almost everything but the sale yarn.  I still managed to find stuff to buy.  I bought several (ok, seven) more skeins of Lamb’s Pride Worsted at 50% off to make the Fuzzy Feet Slippers for Christmas Presents.  These slippers are a favorite among my family.  My mother somehow manages to wear a hole in them after about a year, but then she does wear them every night except in the Summer.  She loves the fact that she can wash them in cold water and then just hang them to dry.  I also bought some Noro Silk Garden on sale to make a Circle Vest from the Silk Knits book.  There have been classes taught on this vest at In the Making and they have been a big hit.  I also bought some Tilli Tomas Pure & Simple on sale in a lovely Turquoise to make another Clapotis.  With the sale price, I couldn’t pass it up.  Jessi also bought three skeins in a pale pink to make the clap out of.  Lastly, I bought a skein of sock yarn to make the little boy a new pair of socks and some note cards and other knickknacks.  Darlene managed to find some more of a yarn she was looking for to make a vest and also got some Noro Silk Garden to make a Brooklyn Tweed Scarf out of.  So all in all a successful trip by all.  

Other than that, I did a little shopping late Saturday afternoon and then yesterday worked on laundry.  My girl times were definitely the highlights of my weekend!

3 comments:

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

A FABULOUS Saturday INDEED!!!

Shopping for yarn with gal pals is good for the soul!!! LOL!!

Bubblesknits said...

How lovely that I'm making "the clap". ROTFL! I had a great time and thanks for inviting me!

elizabeth said...

Sounds like fun! I was glad to run into you at ITM, maybe one of these years I'll make it to knit night! I love the tank top you're wearing in Jessi's pics!