Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Swimming along


Well, not only is Michael Phelps swimming along in his effort to win 8 Gold Medals in one Olympics, I'm swimming toward the finish lines with my Lotus Blossom tank.  I finished the left side last night, so now I just have to block it lightly to seam the back piece to the front and then pick up the stitches to finish off the armholes and the neckline.  When I started this project, I had three skeins of  Southwest Trading Company's Bamboo yarn in the Techila colorway which is an orange and red mixture (I'll try to get pictures posted soon), which is what the pattern called for.  However, because the pattern as written is a little shorter than I would like I decided to modify it by adding another lace repeat and another inch of stockinette before the armhole bind off which made me very nervous that I would have enough yarn.  Well I'm happy to report that I will definitely have enough yarn and then some.  This yarn seems to last forever.  I can't wait to finish this project.  This project has been a couple of years in the making because I had to keep froggin it because of problems in the lace (first time, I goofed and couldn't fix it and the second time I lost what row I was on and couldn't figure it out).  I have used a lifeline at the end of every lace repeat to keep from having to start completely over again.

I also got a little work done today on my Jaywalkers in the Crimson Pride colorway of Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock while I was in a CPE session.  This colorway is exclusive to Serendipity Needleworks in Tuscaloosa.  

1 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

You can dooo it! (okay, so maybe it's not as funny when you can't hear the goofball voice I used, but just the same...) :-p