Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Anyone else watching the Olympics?


Or am I the only geek doing it?  Last night I watched Michael Phelps earn his third Gold medal and then an hour later swim in another Semi-finals.  How does he do it?  Me, I would want to pass out when it was over.  I also stayed up late watching the USA Men's Gymnastics team prove everyone wrong by bringing home the Bronze.  They were doing so well up until the last two events, the Floor routine and the Pommel Horse.  The Pommel Horse was almost the end of them.  Still overall, they did a great job and surpassed everyone's expectations for them.  

As I was watching the Olympics (only after The Closer was over you understand), I was working on my nemesis the Lotus Blossom Tank.  I'm done with the back and have started working on the sections that go over the shoulders and attach in the front.  The right side is done, so now I just have the left side, the seaming and then picking up stitches to do the armholes and the neckline.  I'm so close to being done - FINALLY!!

3 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

My nemesis is still sitting in my knitting bag. *sigh* I think I need a sock intervention. I can't put 'em down to work on anything else!

Alissa said...

Hey Suzanne,
I feel as though I have not seen you in forever. I hope you are surviving and doing well.

How awesome that you watch the Closer. Anne and I are both at home on Monday nights just so we can watch The Closer. I also stayed up late watching Michael Phelps and the men's gymnastics and then I stayed up late last night to watch the women's gymnastics. The gymnastics is my favorite part of the Olympics.

Hope to see you soon!

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I have been staying up WAYYYY too late watching the Olympics!! Can't tear myself away!!