Friday, January 25, 2008

How cute are these??

Have you seen these loafers from Cocoknits?? Aren't they the cutest ever? Donna at In the Making has me hooked to try a pair of these. They use Malabrigo which I just LOVE!!! We are even considering teaching a class on these (but first need to knit my own pair). If the roads don't ice tonight (yes, there is another threat of winter weather on another weekend), then I'll be at the shop in the morning for my first class of the year, Beginning socks. I'm really looking forward to it, plus, it will give me the opportunity to pick up that Malabrigo I need.

My favorite enabler, Darlene, had gotten me hooked on some new yarn "crack", Sophies Toes. Wow at the colors!!! I love it and have sent an Etsy convo to be added to the update list for more. I like Darlene's perspective on stash enhancing. We are just preparing for our eventual (not anytime soon) retirement because one day we will be on fixed incomes and won't be able to afford this fabulous yarn, but that will be ok, because we will already have it!! Great perspective!!!

I also got the first of my piddly bags from Piddleloop. It is so cute! I'll take some pictures of it and my new yarn "crack" and try to get them posted this weekend.

6 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

Those are precious!!! The pattern is at In The Making? Hmm...I'll have to go investigate that one.

I heard that you'll be teaching a Fair Aisle class in March. Want to take on a self proclaimed fair isle reject? ;-)

J.P. said...

Those loafers are awesome! I can't wait to see how yours come out!

I like Darlene's idea about stashing, as well.. may have to use that one!

Cindy said...

OMG! I've got to have those shoes. I'll be going over there next week to get my yarn. I signed up and paid for fair isle class. Got to get my yarn for that too.

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

I'm so VERY happy to enable a fellow fiber lover and can ALWAYS justify a yarn purchase......one way or the other!!! LOL!!!!!

Looking forward to next week!!!

Cindy said...

OK Missy, I bought my yarn for these shoes today at In The Making so you've got to teach this class now.

Rani said...

I DO like those slippers! That Coco place is a dangerous enabling zone. LOVED IT! Thanks for the tip!

By the way, you've been tagged with the "You Make My Day" award on my blog! TA TA!