Wednesday, November 14, 2007

WWCS Topic of the week.

Ok, so here is this weeks topic......As the cold of winter approaches, do you change the projects you work on? Do you work on gifts for others or do you continue working on projects for yourself?

With it getting colder, I do change the projects I'm working on. In the summer, I was working on Tank tops for me. Now that it is getting colder I find myself working more on socks for the colder days. I've also been working on felted slippers. It is also that time of year where I work on gifts for others while also working on projects for myself (I have project ADD). I usually knit socks for my family and I'm going to knit a pair of felted slippers for my dad (I didn't knit him a pair last year).

Also, the little boy (my nephew) has asked if I would please knit him a pair of socks. Now who could resist a question like that. So I went through the stash to see what yarn I had that might be little boyish. He picked his favorite and I cast on. Sock one is done and sock two is through the heel turn. He is so excited!! I've also finished a pair for my sister, have another pair in progress for my sister, a pair in progress for my dad and the yarn picked out for mom. WHEW!!

I do have pictures to post, but they will have to wait until this weekend. Tomorrow night is knit night at my LYS. I'm so excited....after being on their wait list for two years....Donna has finally gotten her first shipment of Koigu!!! She also has in a some new Claudia's handpaint colors. Needless to say, I might need a lunch trip before knit night.

I haven't been knitting as much as I would like because I have been having to do a ton of typing at work setting up a database for our project and it makes my wrist hurt a bunch (can you say Carpel Tunnel??). That is also why there has been a lack of posting.

I'll try to get the pictures posted this weekend. It's gonna be crazy here for the next few days. I have knit night tomorrow night (oh yeah, I already told you that) and my youngest cousin is coming in town for the Alabama game, so I'll have to squeeze in some time to see him and I need to help mom get the house ready for Thanksgiving and my aunt's arrival next Tuesday. How can it possibly be Thanksgiving next week?? I have so got to get busy with my Christmas knitting and shopping. YIKES!

2 comments:

Your said...

Hey Suz!
I'm having wrist trouble, too. Do you have a brace? I find that if I wear it just at night I do pretty well during the day. I didn't knit for an entire week (gasp) because it hurt.
I hope your wrist feels better soon!

-Your Swap Pal

tonni said...

I have to say that i'm pretty selfish with my knitting... it is mostly for ME :) I have been working on many socks lately since the weather is cool enough to warrant wearing the handknit wool socks. Been suffering project ADD this entire year... so many started and not finished. Maybe there is a fiber new years resolution on the horizon!