Thursday, November 15, 2007

Koigu and the fate of my checkbook.

After a two year wait for Koigu at my LYS, it finally arrived this week. I would love to tell you that I exercised great restraint when it came to the yarn, but that just didn't happen. By the time the frenzy was all over, I left with fourteen skeins of yarn. Yes, you read that correctly, 14 skeins of yarn. I got 11 skeins of Koigu (enough for 4 pairs for me, 1 pair for my mom and 1 pair for the little boy), two skeins of Claudia's Handpaint in Buckeye and 1 skein of the Bamboo socka. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?!? I know what I was thinking........oooh, I like that one, oooh, that one is pretty too, oooh, did you see that one? And that was just the trip to the store at lunch. That doesn't even count the trip back to the store tonight for knit night. (Yes, you know you have a problem when you can't even wait 5 more hours to see the new yarn). Fortunately 95% of what I spent is covered by what I made for my class fees (WHEW!!). The sad part is that there are more colors that I want. Don't even begin to ask me when I think I'm going to knit all of this. Fortunately, I'm teaching a beginning socks class this weekend which will help my stash fund (There are still spaces left if you know anyone who wants to take the class).

I also picked up the yarn for my WWCS pal tonight. I got some Drops Alpaca (she said that alpaca is her favorite) in one of her favorite colors. I've also managed to score the winter themed coffee mug and I've been debating on the perfect coffee for her and some other little goodies.

OK, who else is having a hard time believing that Thanksgiving is next week?? How on earth did that happen?

1 comments:

Rani said...

Yarn Binge! WHOOO HOOOO! POST PICS POST PICS! I can live vicariously through you!