Saturday, November 24, 2007

Finally some Pictures

Wow, I can't believe I have not posted any pictures this month. Well, it is time to make up for that!!

First up, this is what a Power Ranger looks like. Yep, you guessed, this is the love of my life, my nephew looking very charming as a Power Ranger for Halloween. By the time we got home from work to go trick or treating, he decided he was tired of being a Power Ranger and went as a soccer player instead. I guess he was tired of saving the world from Bad guys by that time.


Next up are my finished Monkey Socks


Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A. on Knitty.com

Yarn: My Whatnot Sock yarn by Union Center Knits in "Fall" that I got from Woolgirl

Needles: Size 2 DPNs

This is my November Sock Club Yarn from DkKnits. The color is "Hangover Cure" The yarn feels really great and I can't wait to work with it.


This is the November Art Walk Sock Yarn in "Giverny" based on my favorite painting by Monet, Garden at Giverny.


My completed Hedgehog Socks

Pattern: Knitting Pure & Simple Lightweight Beginner Socks

Yarn: Elliebelly Bamboo/Merino Sock Yarn in "Hedgehog"

Needles: Size 1 DPN


These are the first pair of socks for the Little Man.


Yarn: Steinbach Wolle Aktiv Effekt (from my stash)

Needles: Size 1.5 DPN


OK, Rani, these next pictures are for you so that you can live vicariously through me while you are being good on your yarn diet (I really need to start one of those). These are the pictures from my recent stash enhancement of mostly Koigu from my LYS, In the Making.


Koigu & Fortissima Bamboo Yarn.


Claudia'a Handpaint in Buckeye & more Koigu. I've actually cast on for a sock out of this Koigu for my mom.


Last Saturday, I went to the Junior League Marketplace show here in town. It is mostly a gathering of different sellers/shops with gift ideas or crafts for the holidays. Who else but a knitter can find the only yarn in the place. Below is the beautifully soft alpaca yarn that I scored. The alpacas for this yarn are raised here in my state outside of Alexander City, Alabama. The yarn is from Southern Star Farms. I think this is going to end up as a pair of socks for yours truly.


Last but Certainly not least are the Little Man's Christmas socks that he requested. I finshed them this afternoon.

These are the first pair of socks for the Little Man.
Pattern: Yankee Knitter Classic Yankee KnitterSocks
Yarn: Regia Nations Yarn from In the Making (just barely made it with one ball)
Needles: Size 1.5 DPN


3 comments:

tonni said...

OK - that's a lot of sock yarn... and many finished socks! You are a power-sock-knitter, huh?!!

paula said...

Roll Tide! DH is in Auburn. Anyway, I am warm and dry and knitting. All your socks look good. It has been a while since I actually finished a pair. Love the Christmas ones

Rani said...

OK to be honest, after reading your last blog entry on the Christmas socks, I wasn't expecting to see a picture so soon of FINISHED SOCKS THAT ROCK! That lucky little bugger!

And all that yarn. Lovely lovely yarn. I could just roll around in it. ok. Maybe that's just too weird. ANYWAY, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! Congrats on all that new yarn, and yes . . . I am drooooooooooling.