Sunday, October 21, 2007

Look what came in the mail & what I finished

Yea! The mailman brought me goodies today!

First up is my Whatnot Sock Yarn from Union Center Yarns in "Calico". I love this yarn. It is just as soft as the "Fall" skein I got from Woolgirl. The colors are fantastic. And she also sent me two cute skullhead stitch markers, but the camera didn't want to focus on something that small.


Next up is my Sock Yarn from White Willow in "Pumpkin Pie". These colors are so warm and yummy! This also came with a cute stitch marker attached to the tag.

Yesterday after I taught my class at my LYS, I picked up the yarn to do the simple wrap below. This was a VERY easy project. I cast on and knit while I was watching Auburn get beat by LSU and had the entire wrap finished by the end of the game. It is made using Cascade Magnum and then you crochet Ozark Handspun around the edge. This project was a superquick knit. I've got so many other projects going that I needed a completed project and this one is super cute!!

Pattern: Winter Wrap (free pattern from shop)
Yarn: Cascade Magnum & Ozark Handspun (sold together as a kit)
Needles: Size 19 Crystal Palace Circulars.

1 comments:

Rani said...

I want to roll around in that pumpkin yarn! (But I have a problem with yarn) So much fun to have new yarn/new inspiration.