Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's stopped raining

Well, the promise of rain this week is no more. Drat, we really need it.

Sorry for the lack of posts in the last week, but I was a bit under the weather with the Stomach flu last Thursday & Friday. I did resume knitting on Saturday. I have finally completed the socks for my sister for christmas, and I'm through the heel on my second monkey sock. I'll post pictures of the monkey socks as soon as I get done with them. I also blocked my Koigu shawl on Saturday, but have yet to take pictures.

I also watch the entire series of Band of Brothers. If you haven't seen this series, I highly recommend it. It is the story of Easy company of the 506th Division of the 101st Airborne during WWII. You can usually rent them from your local rental store, but I was able to get the DVDs through my library. I have also just finished reading Brothers in Battle, Best of Friends which is the real life recounts of two of the soldiers from Easy company that is featured in the Band of Brothers. Again, I could not recommend these more if I tried. You will be amazed at the courage of these men and the sacrifices they made, you will be horrified at what they were subjected to and witnessed and you will cry as they lose their fellow friends. Excellent true story!

So needless to say since I was sick last week, there just isn't much exciting going on in my world.

I am however, hoping to participate in the Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap, so here is my questionnaire.


What are your favorite kinds of coffee? (Brands, Roasts, anything at all you'd like to share!) French Roast, European coffee, flavored coffee. Starbucks, Barnies, you name it.

Do you prefer whole bean or ground coffee? Ground please

This time of year, there are often Holiday Blends available, and many flavored coffees - do you drink flavored coffee? Yep, Like the new Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks, like Mocha flavored (ok anything chocolate), Santa's White Christmas from Barnies. Pretty easy to please.

Do you enjoy special blends? Yep

How do you take your coffee? Cream and Sugar? Straight up? Decaf? Cream and Splenda please and decaf at night.

Do you prefer drinking from a nice thick mug, or a matched cup and saucer? OOOH, nice thick mug.

What is your favorite part of Winter? Finally being able to wear my handknit socks, and sweaters.

Do you celebrate a holiday in December, and if so, which holiday? Yes, Christmas

If you celebrate Christmas, do you put up a tree? Have to put up a tree, the nephew would revolt otherwise.

Would you enjoy items related to the holiday, or would you prefer a Winter themed package? Either, not real preference here.

Do you collect anything? Are there any holiday or winter-themed items (Snowmen, Angels, Snoflakes, Santas, etc) that you collect? I collect both Santas and snowmen

Do you wear scarves? Mittens? Hats? Wear scarves, gloves and occasionally hats.

What is your favorite holiday or winter treat? Spiced cider or Chocolate Chess Pie for Christmas

Please share a favorite Winter or Holiday memory. When my cousins were younger they used to spend Christmas with us. My youngest cousin is 16 years younger than me and I still vividly remember the year that he got the Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles Pizza Shooter. It was this contraption that catapulted little plastic discs with stickers on them to make them look like pizzas. There were no ankles or pets that were safe.

Do you Knit or Crochet? Knit

For how long? Three years

Do you like wooden, metal, or plastic needles\hooks? Wooden, Bamboo & Metal

Circular or straight? Circular & DPN

What sort of projects do you enjoy making? Socks!!!

What are your favorite types of yarn to work with? The independent dyed sock yarns

Do you spin or dye? Absolutely not, can't afford to start another hobby

Do you do other crafts such as scrapbooking or needlepoint or anything else? I scrapbook, make cards and I used to cross stitch and can needlepoint.

When is your birthday? June 26

Do you have any children? (Furry kind count!) None of the two legged kind, but my 6yo nephew does live with me. We have several cats though.
What are your favorite colors? Ok, this one is always difficult for me. I love any of the fall colors (browns, rusts, golds, oranges), but I also love brights (yellow, hot pink, turquoise, lime green, bright orange, not red though)

Do you have any allergies? Cigarette smoke


Whew!! I'm done, now for the swapping and emailing to begin!!

1 comments:

Your said...

It's your swap pal! Just checking your preferences and stopping to say "hi." I look forward to getting to know you through your blog and putting a nice swap package together!
From your answers we have a lot in common - birth month, Diet Coke addiction and I'm not an "everyday" coffee drinker either! I'll be in touch!