Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's here!!!

I got my package from Woolgirl today and it is FANTASTIC!! You did a great job picking out the yarn Jen - I love it! I got a nice goodie bag full of all things Reese's and some Spunky Eclectic Yarn in the Scarecrow colorway and a sample size Soak woolwash. Wanna See???

Isn't it Fabulous?!?!? I was so excited. Tomorrow should bring my yarn from White Willow and then there will the the shipment of my Union Center yarn. There is also the DKknits sock club that I signed up for. Must stop the madness!!

The symphony last week was really great! Lots of Mozart which I really enjoyed. Last weekend was just full of girl time which I really needed and enjoyed.

Not much on the agenda for this weekend at the moment (but that could always change). Today was a little bit of a bummer. You see, the Service Engine Soon Light has come on in the car a couple of time this week, so I had to take it to the dealership. Well almost $700 later, my car left the dealership. I really can't complain. I've got a Saturn SC-2 3-door coupe that I have had for 5 years, it has almost 84,000 miles on it and this is the first non-standard maintenance I've had to have done. Today's repairs involved the Engine Coolant thermostat and the Serpentine belt (which has a standard life of only 60,000 miles). So I count myself lucky that it wasn't worse than that.

Knitting wise, I'm almost done with the first pair of socks for my Sister for Christmas. They have taken a little bit of time to get done, but that is because I really only knit on them at work. I'm also working on a sock for my Dad (my own pattern) out of Shibui Sock Yarn in "Ink" and I've cast on for the Monkey Socks out of my Union Center "fall" yarn.

Well, I'm off to knit and watch Grey's Anatomy.........

2 comments:

jennyhope said...

ew sorry about the car and girl you crack me up!

Yarn Collectors Anonymous said...

sorry about the car expense....but still cheaper than a new one!! LOL!!

WOW....NICE stash and more on the way???

Looking forward to seeing the pattern you are working up for your Dad.