Saturday, October 13, 2007

I love the weekend

Last night some of my girlfriends & I went to dinner at a local Thai Restaurant, Surin West, which is one of my favorite places. After a little sticker shock over how much the menu has gone up since the last time I was there, we had a great time! The food was really good and the company was fantastic. The group was myself and my girlfriends, Tracie, Kathy, Marla & Marla's friend Rachel (who is quickly becoming a part of our group...it's too late to ecape Rachel). As usual, there was tons of laughing and storytelling. Rachel then had to leave us to go finish studying for her midterm this morning (Hope it went well Rachel), and the rest of us headed off to the Movie Theatre to see Michael Clayton. I have mixed reviews of this movie. First there was the definate eye candy of George Clooney, but the while the overall storyline was good, it was a tad confusing and slow moving at times. We then stood around and talked about the movie and various other topics that came to mind until we finally decided we all needed to go home.

Then this morning, I wake up to an email from Jen at Woolgirl. It seems I'm the lucky winner of the this weeks Socktoberfest contest. The contest this week was to answer how old the Reese's cup was. The Hershey's website was quite helpful and I found out that the Reese's cup is now 79 years old. Jen emailed me to find out what my favorite colors are. Well, almost anything of course. I narrowed it down for her.........anything fallish or anything bright.....oops, that may not have been very helpful. After looking at her store, I'm sure I will love anything she sends!!

Tonight, I'm headed to the Symphony with my girl, Tracie. I'm really looking forward to it because I haven't been to the symphony in so long. Tracie, I'm not sure the symphony is prepared for us. We will have to be on our best "cultured" behavior.

2 comments:

jennyhope said...

I have been trying to talk Hoover into putting a fake ticket on Tracies car for parking in first time guests like I do. LOL! That would be so funny! how in the world are you?

Rani said...

I'm so jealous! I entered that contest too. Congrats. Be sure to post your yummy prize!!lvele