Monday, August 27, 2007

Pictures as promised

As Promised, I finally got the camera out and took some pictures and uploaded them to the computer.

Here is a picture of me with my friends Anne and Tracie our last day at the beach (My friend Alissa wasn't in the picture because she had already left because she had to go to work that day). This is the tank that I finished on the way down to the beach.

Pattern: Tank from Yarn Girls Book (can't remember name)
Yarn: Gedifra Tiago
Needles: size 8??


This is a picture of the baby blanket I knit for my cousin's new baby, Avery Grace.


Pattern: Basic Fan & Feather (3 stitch garter edge with 7 repeats of F &F - total cast on of 125 stitches)
Yarn: Peaches & Creme Cotton
Needles: Size 11 Denise Interchangeables


Here are my Yarntini socks. Jessica at Yarntini was great enough to special dye this for me.
Pattern: Knitting Pure & Simple Lightweight Beginner Socks
Yarn: Yarntini Sock Yarn in Vintage Self Striping
Needles: Size 1 Sox Sticks


Here are my Jitterbug socks that I just finished last night.

Pattern: Knitting Pure & Simple Lightweight Beginner Socks
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in Popsicle
Needles: Size 1 Sox Sticks
Modifications: Shortened the leg to 5" to accommodate the shorter yardage.

Now, here is the fun stuff. I found these bags by Piddleloop after I saw them on Stacy's blog. I checked out their etsy site and found this project bag with the matching little bag. I also had Jen make me a matching double point needle case to match.


This is the inside of the bag with the shop model I'm knitting for In the Making out of Colinette Jitterbug in Raspberry.

This is my double point needle case and the matching little bag for knick knacks.


And these are the goodies that came with the bag.


I loved everything about dealing with these ladies. They were easy to communicate with and they provide a superior project. After looking at the Piddleloop blog, I found out about the bags from Stuck in Illinois on Etsy. (ok, I've just learned that I didn't see these bags at Piddleloop, so no clue where I found them, but still love them). Below is the reversible sock project bag that I bought from them. I love it!! It is called Watching Cats. This was another company that was great to work with and I will definitely do business with again. (Because a girl can never have too many bags.)


And last but certainly not least is the first month yarn from the Zen Yarn Garden Art Walk Sock Club. This Yarn is based on the painting Hallucinogenic Toreador by Salvador Dali. Next Month's selection will be based on Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night.

Ok, that is all for now. I'll try to do better in the future about better updates.

4 comments:

jennyhope said...

you have some serious skills!

Anna said...

I love all your Etsy finds. I'm so glad you like your "cat" bag.
-Anna

yarntini said...

Hey Suzanne! The vintage socks look amazing - you did such a great job!

I think I'm totally going to steal the feather and fan baby blanket idea. I've been trying to figure out a pattern idea, something simple enough but not too boring and it seems perfect! Thanks :)!

Rani said...

Weeeee! I found it! I LOVE the popsicle socks! And guess what. I also have Raspberry, too!

Great minds think alike!