Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Climbing out from under my rock........

I know I have been completely ignoring my blog lately, but I will be doing a update hopefully this weekend of some finished objects and some cool/cute things I have gotten lately.

In the category of just general life, I guess I should just start where I left off.

July 19-22 was the Singles Retreat at Fort Walton Beach with my church. There were a few issues, but overall, it was a really good time and a chance to catch up with some friends that I have been neglectful of. The weather was great and I really haven't laughed that much in a really long time.

July 27-28 was my 20th High School reunion. I actually had a good time and it was much better than I had expected it would be. It was fun to see some of the people that I was in the band with in high school that I haven't seen in 20 years (I skipped the 1o year reunion).

On August 2nd, I had surgery to remove my gallbladder. My surgery went fine and I'm finally on the downside of recovery. It has been extremely hot here in the south, so that has made it a bit difficult to regain my energy.

August 10-11 was the Women of Faith Conference in Atlanta, GA. This trip had been paid for since May and if it hadn't, I probably would not have gone because I didn't expect it to take me as long as it did to recover from my surgery. The whole concept of "out patient" is a little deceiving as to the seriousness of the surgery and the amount of time needed for recovery. The preconference with Beth Moore totally rocked. I would give you a summary of what she spoke on, but you can check out Jenny's blog for that info. I really couldn't do a better job recaping the day than Jenny did. I really needed that message from the Lord. As for the rest of the conference, it had more of a serious tone than it usually does, but Patsy Clairmont, Luci Swindoll and Anita Renfroe were hilarious and just right on with their message.

Finally getting up to last weekend. Friday night was a great night with my girls. My friend Alissa hosted a Chocolate Boutique night. We had a great time getting to reacquaint/get to know each other better and did I mention there was chocolate (and lots of it). Thanks Alissa! The evening was awesome in every way!

Saturday night was movie night with my Sunday School class. We had a really fun time and watched both The Italian Job and Wild Hogs. I would recommend both movies.

Whew! See there has been a lot going on in the last month or so. I have also completed a tank that I took to the beach (finished it on the drive down), a baby blanket for my cousin's new baby and I'm also almost done with my Yarntini Vintage socks. There have also been deliveries from Etsy that I'll share later. I promise to try to have the pictures posted by this weekend, along with some pictures from the beach.

The dates have also been set for the beginning knitted sock classes I will be teaching at my LYS, In the Making. I'm not sure when Donna will have the calendar up, but I know it will be soon. We are also tossing around the idea of a class for felted slippers (check out Knitty.com for the fuzzy feet pattern in the archives).

More later......

1 comments:

jennyhope said...

Since I don't know about knitting and have no skills...I love the update on your blog about what all has been going on. did you get to go to Bible study tonight? Rod had to go out of town so I couldnt be there. I am sure you guys got done a lot sooner LOL!! Anyway, I am so wondering what a chocolate party is?!?!? Some people were taking my last post that I sent out to mean that we need to spill our beans to everyone. AAAHHH! That is not what I am saying. Can I just crack myself up for a minute?!? When I mean fake I am thinking about the singers that are in some choirs that look like Billy Bob back in the showbiz days. Do you feel me? Is that mean?!?!? I was just talking about masquerading. :) Keep me updated on how to pray for the family. love jenny