Thursday, July 12, 2007

One clue down........

I finally finished Clue 1 tonight of the MS3. I'm not even going to bring up the fact that 2 clues have been released and the 3rd is being released in the morning. So much like everything else in life, I'm behind. I do think I do deserve some credit since I had already knit 50 rows with the first yarn before I broke down and bought the Zephyr lace yarn, which I love!! I must say that I am loving this project. It has really been pretty easy thus far. I have only had to tink back once and that was where I did something to mess up row 67 and ended up with one too many stitches. So without any further ado, here is the picture of my progress thus far........


And here is a close-up so that you can see the beads a little better (ok not that much better - the flash just wasn't cooperating this evening). The beads are a great irradescent and each bead is just a little different. They are all in the copper family, but some have a purple cast to them, others have a pinkish cast to them and even others have a blueish cast to them. Of course they were among the more expensive ones I saw at the bead shop ($8, so not that bad, but the others were $3).My supervisor while I was pinning out my progress was none other than the biggest man in my house - Tigger.

Finally, today was my sweet Daddy's 67th birthday. God was very wise when he gave my dad an extra portion of patience. He has always been the voice of reason in our family. The rest of us are just a bit.........well melodramatic at times. My father has always been a rock in my life. He is a great example of what I want to be.......hardworking, loving, loyal and full of integrity.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!

6 comments:

Susie said...

That looks FANTASTIC!! I love the beads you are using - small but luminous. They really add a nice touch. Happy knitting :)
SusieH, making her own noodly lace at www.theknitfarm.com

stitchin' girl said...

Clue #1 is very pretty! Clue 2 knits up faster than 1, just to give you some inspiration. I still have 3 rows on clue2 to go. Keep knitting :o)

Peggy said...

Your MS3 looks awesome!!!! I'm not finished with clue 1 yet. I'll make it, eventually!!!!!

jennyhope said...

you are way too talented for me!
We missed you and I was wondering about if you were feeling ok. Happy birthday to your dad! You look like him!!
see you tomorrow! love jenny

jennyhope said...

you didnt go with the ernster did you? LOL!! on your trip?!?!?

jennyhope said...

GIRL I WAS TOTALLY HOPING to see you guys. how was sat?